Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I miss my mom and other deep postpartum thoughts


1. My mom was here for about a week and a half before I had the baby until about 10 days after. While she was here, I had company during the day and a super clean house. Not to mention that towels did not go more than two days without being cleaned. So I miss the company, the help, and my mom in general.
2. Sex and the City is a stupid stupid show. If you thought you liked it when it was first on, go back and watch the dvds. You will wonder why you ever liked the show. The jokey dialogue is not funny, it is lame, sometimes even vomit inducing. (See Carrie/Aiden conversation, Season three, disk two re: "I'm your booth bitch" at the furniture show). The characters are decidedly unlikeable and make the stupidest decisions imaginable. Perhaps I am in a bad mood, but that show is stupid.
3. Kim Bauer on "24" is the most annoying character ever. Talk about stupid decisions. I wish that she was eaten by the mountain lion in season two. But she wasn't. Sigh....
4. Yes, I watch alot of tv on dvd. This has replaced my aforementioned Judge Joe Brown habit.
5. Baby socks are hilarious. See photo above.
6. People want to touch my baby. Random people in doctor's waiting rooms, on the street, everywhere. I don't want them to. Sometimes this is awkward and I have to "do the robot."
7. If your eyesight is really bad, like mine, and you go to change the baby without your glasses on - beware. I did this one night in a sleepy diaper change situation. I had to lean in to see what I was doing. My hair was down. The baby decided to poop and given my close proximity to the diaper region, the poop wound up on my hair. So I have learned to ALWAYS put my glasses on when changing the baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home