Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dipping my pinky toe into the world of coffee addiction then diving in head first



I have never been a coffee drinker. I like the smell of coffee, I like going to coffee shops, eating coffee ice cream, but have never craved a cup of joe or drank it on even a semi-regular basis.

Until now.

I started having peppermint mochas during the holiday season. This went on for a few years, but I would always revert to my general indifference towards coffee. This year, I can't quit. I stopped the peppermint mochas in favor of vanilla lattes, then I dropped the vanilla and found myself happy with just a latte. I was working my way towards the coffee bean in a purer form. Now, I just get coffee. Gone are the flavor distractions, the fancy foams and various garnishes. I have been effectively weaned off the flavors that were previously necessary for me to be interested in coffee/espresso drinks.

Now there is no point in disguising what I am really after - the coffee itself. My full transformation into a coffee drinker is complete. And I realized today that this transformation will actually save me $$. A cup of coffee is about 1/3 the cost of a vanilla latte. Now Jillian can go to college.

And yes, I did write this second post today to temper the seriousness of the last post and take my mind off of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home