Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shadow Boxing and Air Guitar, kinda the same, ya know

I didn't have cable for a couple of days, so I watched a bunch of movies on dvd while hanging out with my parents at night. I know, I know, does the excitement ever end? Anyway, I decided to watch "Rocky," the 1976 Oscar winner for Best Picture. I did this in part because it is set in Philly (see "Trading Places" reference below).

There is alot of shadow boxing in Rocky. Like 10 guys standing in a gym, punching the air. This seemed a lot like air guitar to me. That is, totally useless and kinda funny to watch. Or that it is an activity that should take place in private or something. I am sure that hard core boxers will disagree with the comparison, but I pack a pretty hard punch for a girl, so bring it.

In contrast I suck at air guitar.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

Now you sound like a Philly native. Bring it! Hell to the yeah!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

I should also add that MSBEH is friends with the reigning U.S. air champion, who records his band. Yes, for real, he was in the papers and everything. He went to Germany for the finals.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home