Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool for the Return to Work Girl


Tomorrow, I go back to work full time. I have been off for over six months. And now it is time to go back in a new office. I feel decidedly unready and unprepared.

I haven't used my brain in any real way for months. I haven't had to dress for work (in a non-maternity clothes way) in over a year and a half. I have to leave my baby with a nanny. She (the baby, not the nanny) still won't take a bottle. I have to work with people I don't know. I have over 1100 unread emails. My blackberry says it is Feb 15 at 10:21 am. I left my old office and took my laptop with me, which I don't think I was supposed to do. Sigh.

AHHHH!!!! Not to be dramatic or anything.

Plus, I am doing this as a single mom. Going back to work is probably pretty stressful for any mom, but I don't have the built in support system of a husband or partner. Again, family and friends have stepped up big time, but sometimes I wonder what it is like to have that partner that supports you and loves you, especially when times are a bit stressful. I wonder what it is like to feel loved as a new mom in general. Ok, now I am being depressing. Sorry.

Anyway, wish me luck! I am sure it will be fine. Well, I am not actually sure of that, but I am going to give it my best shot.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

AHHH! You will be fine. You will slam that curveball that life has thrown at you. Haha. I hate sports metaphors, but in this case it was appropriate. Get in there and hit the ball out of the park, M!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be fine. Promise, promise, promise. Now go kick some lawerly ass.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Your day should be winding up by now (I hope!) and I hope it was a good day. You impress the shit out of me with how you just step and do what needs to be done. Good luck with the rest of the week, and I am sure it will get easier each day.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger TA said...

Assuming you made it home in one piece, you did great on your first day back, M. Even if you made it home in a couple of pieces, I am confident in your ability to stick yourself back together in time for tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home