Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Confessions...


Ok, so in some of my posts I may have mislead you about some things. Now I am coming clean...

First, I use the CoffeeMate at work. I know I said it freaks me out, but I tried it and I like it. Plus, my only other option there is creamer and I just don't find the pros of creamer to outweigh its cons. Anyway, I use the CoffeeMate, just thought I should be upfront about it.

Second, I said I wanted to go on a date. I don't think I actually do. I went out last night with my good friend L and some guys did the whole "do I know you from somewhere" bit.* And they were perfectly nice but I just didn't want to deal with it. I want an old relationship, someone I can watch an on demand movie with while baby J sleeps. Someone I feel comfortable with. Someone who is ok with my post-pregnancy self. Someone who loves me already. I want the little family that I thought I would have when we decided to start a family. So I take back the previously outlined goal of wanting to go on a date. I think I will just try to enjoy being by myself for awhile. I reserve the right to change my mind on this one.

Third, when Jillian is not staying with me, like tonight, I am pretty sad. I miss her.


*one guy also asked if I was Jewish. I thought this was very unusual, as I have never been mistaken for one of the Chosen People before. I mean I am half Irish, half Italian and all Catholic (at least raised that way, haven't spent that much time in church lately). And I look it. It didn't seem to deter him, but it was weird. Could I have asked him if he is an adulterer? If so, that would have been a deal breaker for me.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

Um. That is OK about the Coffee Mate. If you decide to start actually practicing your faith and going to confession, I would think it is not worth the priest's time to share that one.

You will want to go on a date again. I swear. You will just take a little while to get into your groove, and the good news is, that is 100% OK.

It is also highly positive to learn to be happy by yourself. Because happiness with yourself will translate into a healthier, happier relationship whenever you do have a new one.

This is all so Oprah.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey--there are a bunch of red headed jews out there. my old high school science teacher would swear it had something to do with the vikings sweeping through russia, which i always found amusing. jewish vikings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home