Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Not Allowed to Date Jerks

On one of my last days before going back to work, I was watching a talk show about single moms getting their "game" back. Ugh. I know.

Despite the shear stupidity of the show in general, someone made a point that once you are a mom, you lose the right to date jerks. Jerks are bad for the kids as well as the mom. Thus, even if you are inclined to date "bad boys," selfish men, or any particular brand of jerk, you owe it to your kid not to do so.

This actually made some sense to me. I have had people treat me poorly in relationships and obviously don't want that again. But now, I have an obligation to avoid a bad relationship for Jillian's sake. I guess as I will most likely be alone for years to come, I can pretend that I am choosing to remain alone in order to be a good mom.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be the same concern for single dads. No shows about it, no concerns with men moving on and bringing questionable ladies into their child's life. There should be.

I would like to go on a date. I would. I would like to meet someone nice. Just someone that is taller than me and doesn't think that they deserve someone better. Those are my requirements. That is it. One superficial, one regarding character.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

No jerks is right! Bring it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home