Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I will admit that mother's day was the holiday I was dreading the most, now that I know my marriage was, for all intents and purposes, a sham. Not Valentine's Day, or my 30th Birthday. I guess all the commercials where the dad is giving the mom jewelry and saying how much he loves her for being a good mom have really gotten to me. Damn you Kay Jewelers. Or perhaps it is knowing that my husband was spending the weekend with his girlfriend, the one he started dating two months after I had the baby. Yeah, so the timeline was end of August, find out he was cheating, early October have baby, mid-December (while living with me and not telling me) he starts dating this new girl (his best friend's ex-girlfriend). I must have really meant alot to him. That is an excellent feeling to have on mother's day.

It is hard. This is all very very hard.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Dude, you deserve to be told that you are a great mom by your baby daddy regardless of the circumstances of your present arrangement. Its smart of him to steer clear, because you are entitled to kick his lowly ass for not saying so. Dickhead. God. How annoying is this guy? You are such a great great mom, a trooper, and I hope I have half your nerves. Don't let a Hallmark holiday get you down, when you are in fact one of the best moms I know.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger mu-galto said...

Thanks Andrea. I must say that he did get me a card, which he gave me before the weekend romp with the girlfriend. Even so, it was hard. I suppose it will be for quite a while. Our anniversary is in two weeks, I am sure that will involve him toasting with the girlfriend as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home