Provided by the Management for your protection

Blog of random stuff named after message on paper toliet seat covers.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Philly vs. San Francisco


There are many, many differences between Philadelphia and San Francisco. One of the most glaring is the amount of smokers here versus in California. Here, it seems like one in three people smokes. We even have a "smokers coat closet" at work. There is a separate closet for non-smokers. No judgment here, just observation. I hang my coat on the back of my door.

Also, I have turned into a California pedestrian and driver. I walk when the light is green, expecting not to get hit by turning cars. This has led to me almost getting killed about 100 times. People here don't stop for pedestrians. Very east coast. Likewise, when I drive, I wait for pedestrians to cross the street. So I get honked at alot. Oh well. I guess there is some California in me after all.

One thing that hasn't changed....yup, you guessed it....Jillian is still very cute.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Megan Dempsey said...

I might point out that you always complained about the stupid pedestrians here in SF!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger mu-galto said...

Only when I was driving :)

Consider me reformed...I miss SF in some ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home